At Magnacharge Battery Corporation this question is frequently asked, Do AGM Batteries need a special AGM Battery charger?
AGM batteries do require a special AGM Battery charger as they are specially designed, as these AGM batteries are made up of Absorbed Glass Material and are very sensitive to overcharging as compared to any other flooded cell battery. Unlike a gel battery, in which a silica agent is added to the electrolyte to form a semisolid, an AGM battery uses an ordinary sulfuric acid solution like any standard wet battery
The Absorbed Glass Matt make allows the electrolyte to be suspended close with the plate’s active material. In reality, this will increase both the discharge and recharge timing.
We have a team of professionals at our all locations and are ready to assist in pairing you with the right charger for your battery.
List of AGM Batteries that are available at Magnacharge Battery Locations:
List of AGM Battery Chargers that are available at our all Magnacharge locations:
Guidelines for AGM Battery Charger:
- Fully charge batteries after every use.
- Charge in an open place as gasses may release through the pressure relief valve if the batteries are excessively over-charged.
- Never charge a frozen battery.
- The charger cabling should be insulated and free of breaks or cuts.
- The cable connectors should be properly connected.
- Clean and properly connect with the battery terminals to ensure a snug connection. The charger’s AC cord should be free of breaks or cuts and the wall plug should be clean
Read the manual first before charging your AGM Battery. Over charging can Damage your battery.