Absorbent glass mat (AGM) is a class of lead-acid batteries in which the electrolyte is absorbed into a fiberglass mat. Internal resistance of AGM batteries is lower than regular cells, they can handle almost any sort of temperature, and self-discharge at a slower rate.
These are maintenance free; and they can often be placed in any manner, unlike lead-acid batteries which must be kept upright to avoid acid spills.
AGM Battery Advantages:
Spill-proof through acid encapsulation in matting technology
- AGM batteries are totally sealed and are easy and safe to transport
- There is no need to check or fill water levels.
- They can be used in any application
- AGM batteries can be discharged deeper than conventional deep cycle batteries without any major damage.
- These batteries only self-discharge at the rate approximately of up to 3% per month, and even after 12 months sitting idle can be recharged and put back into full service without any major damage.
- Due to their very low internal resistance AGM batteries will fully charge at a lower voltage, and accept a much larger charge current, so when charging from a standard car, truck alternator these batteries will all fully charge in less time.
- These batteries have a higher resistance to shock and vibration.