If you are to buy a new 12 volt marine battery, selection is a difficult task these days as there are many types of Marine batteries available. Each of them serve a specific purpose and have many advantages. Magnacharge Battery Corporation offers Battery specialists who are available at all our location to help you with the best Marine Battery according to your requirement.
Here is the list of Marine batteries available at Magnacharge Battery Corporation.
Marine Battery Types
There are two basic types of 12-volt batteries:
- Cranking, or starting, batteries, which are designed to start your main engine, and
- Deep-cycle batteries, which are used to power electrical accessories such as trolling motors, fish-finders and radios.
Dual-purpose batteries that can perform both these functions to some extent are available too.
Maintaining a Marine Battery & Marine Chargers
Life of a marine battery or any other battery depends on how it is used and maintained. The key factors to give your marine battery a longer life are simple,
- a) Keep your battery clean,
Clean the top of the battery which includes removing corrosions on the terminals. One can use a clean cloth to remove dirt from the surface of the battery and you can use a steel brush or a terminal cleaner to remove corrosion, in case you are using a maintenance free battery you still have to ensure a safe and clean environment to maximize battery performance.
- b) Charge your battery properly:
Charging your Marine Battery can be a tricky task, Batteries have different charge times, and every battery type has a different specified type of charger, so when you want to purchase a charger take an experts advice. Over charging can destroy your battery.
- c) Batteries that need Distilled water do have indicators that help you with the level of battery water, do a periodic check of the water levels.