A Gel Battery is similar in theory to an AGM style battery; the electrolyte is suspended, but technically different than an AGM battery. An AGM battery is comparable in function to a wet cell battery. Electrolyte in a GEL cell battery has a silica additive that causes it to stiffen. The recharge voltages on this type of cell are lower than other styles of lead acid battery. They are also the most sensitive in terms of adverse reactions to over charging. If an incorrect battery charger is used on a Gel Battery your Battery will not perform to its true capability and its life will certainly be shortened.
At all Magnacharge Battery locations, our dedicated team of professionals will gladly help you choose the appropriate Gel Battery Charger for your Gel Battery
Here is the list of Gel Battery Chargers that Magnacharge Battery Corporation offers:
- G 750
- G 1100
- G 3500
- G 7200
- G 26000
- Noco Genius Multipurpose Battery Charger
- Always wear Rubber gloves and safety glasses.
- Regular over charging and under charging can harm your Gel Battery.
- Do not charge a gel cell in an air-tight container.
- Do not charge near objects which produce sparks or flames.
- Do not store your gel cell batteries in a discharged condition.
- Avoid exposing the battery to excessive heat.
- Always check the terminals while connecting charger wires, make sure they do not have corrosion.
- Wires are connected properly (+) positive to positive terminal and (-) Negative to negative terminal.
- Check both negative and positive cable for cuts on their covering.
- Check the clamps, clean them if you see any corrosion.
- Properly connect charger wires to the battery terminal (lose connections can melt the terminal).
- The charger’s AC cords should be free of breaks or cuts and the wall plug should be clean and should be tightly connected with the wires.
Note: (If you have a dead or flat battery, please do not throw it away, call us on our toll free # 1-888-271-8888 or fill our Recycle my Battery form, our Team will come to pick your Scrap Battery).