A scissor lift is a machine equipped with a platform that can be elevated, allowing people access areas they would otherwise not be able to reach.
It depends on the terrain in which the scissor lift is used; the mobile based lifts are mounted either on wheels or treads. Movement or operations of the Scissor lift requires battery power.
Magnacharge Battery Corporation provides a large variety of OEM fit, approved and recommended Scissor Lift batteries. Our line covers all Sealed AGM batteries, Deep cycle batteries.
Trojan Battery and Magnacharge Deep cycle batteries are most commonly used as scissor lift batteries.
AGM Battery Advantages:
Spill-proof through acid encapsulation in matting technology
High specific power, low internal resistance, responsive to electrical loads.
Better cycle life than with flooded systems
Vibration resistance due to sandwich construction
Stands up well to cold temperature.
- Connect the battery to an approved, automatic charging system
- Open the battery cover or lift truck hood to ventilate. Turn charger off prior to disconnecting the battery to prevent arcs and sparks.
- Check water levels in all cells and level off when needed. Watering should be done while the battery is gassing or at the end of a charge cycle.
- Take a specific gravity reading on all cells with a hydrometer after charge.
- Inspect cable leads and connector for fraying, loose connectors or burned and pitted contact areas.
- Wipe down the top of the battery with baking soda and water solution.
List of AGM Battery types,
- Trojan Transportation AGM
- Trojan Dual Purpose AGM
- Fullriver batteries 6 Volt battery and 12 Volt Battery.
- Odyssey Battery